Tuesday, July 7, 2009

T.rex

I’m sick, all shivery and blue with a bad cold, and my 4 and a half year old mite decides to tell me a story to cheer me up.
He has a Tyrannosaurus rex doll to illustrate his tale.
“ And the bad T. Rex ate up all the people and the animals and the cars.”
“But, why, darling?” I ask.
“Because, it is bad, Amma” he explains patiently.
“But, why is it bad?”
“Because, it is also scared, suppose somebody eats it up…”

I think about this concept of evil for a long time, and wonder, maybe my tot does have it right. Maybe you have to be a child to see the truth.

4 comments:

Seemantini said...

He has got it bang on! Its insecurity that eats up everything.
And, may get well soon, those colds drain you out.

Veena said...

Wow, that explains a lot

Raghu said...

righto! keeps it simple and straight, doesn't he? wish we could more of the same.....

Anonymous said...

So true...all aggression is because of fear. Children can see the truth, because they are not distracted by logic.